Best Therapy Hot Tub
Hot tub therapy has many benefits. From relaxation and rejuvenation to relieving pain in joints and muscles. Simply sitting for 15-20 minutes in hot water every day might have long-term benefits for people who are suffering from insomnia, high blood pressure, arthritis, back pain, muscle inflammation and much more.
Modern hot tubs also are equipped with advanced features that are perfect for a therapeutic effect. Multiple jets that can be adjusted and controlled to focus on problem areas and provide soothing massage action and ease the pain in muscles. Regular soaking in a hot tub for therapy is ideal for sportspersons, elders, and patients who are recovering from their injuries.
The jets in the hot tub and the action of the hot water combine to have a therapeutic effect on all kinds of pains and aches in the body. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the best therapy hot tub models that can be ideal for you if you are looking for pain relief and comfortable massage experience.
A word of caution, before using a hot tub make sure you talk to your physician and get his approval for using a hot tub. Certain medical conditions can get aggravated by exposure to hot water and patients are not recommended extensive or regular exposure to hot water. Once your physician approves, you can soak in the hot tub as per your requirements.
Comparison Chart for Therapy Hot Tubs
|Serial No||Product Name||Capacity Claimed by Manufacturer||Comfortable For||Jets||Water Capacity (gallons)||Voltage||Waterfall Available||Ozonator||LED Lights||Editor's Rating|
|1||6-Person 88-Jet Hot Tub||6||6||88||375||240||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.3|
|2||Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub||4||2-3||13||195||110||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.4|
|3||Elite 600 6-Person 29-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub||6||4||29||240||120||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.5|
|4||Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub||3-4||2-3||14||200||120||No||No||Yes||4.5|
|5||Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jet Arbor Hot Tub||6-7||2-3||20||250||110||No||No||Yes||4.7|
|6||Select 400 4-Person 20-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub||4||2||20||190||120||Yes||No||Yes||4.6|
|7||Hudson Bay 6 Person 19 Jet Spa||6||4-5||19||300||110||Yes||No||Yes||4.3|
|8||Select 200 5-Person 20-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub||5||3-4||20||180||120||Yes||No||Yes||4.5|
Benefits of Hot Tub Therapy
Hot tub therapy has several advantages, and it can be especially helpful for those who are suffering from pains and aches of any kind(1). Make sure you talk to your physician before trying hot tub therapy and plan out session timings that will be best for your particular ailment. Here are some of the benefits of hot tub therapy
Hot Tub Therapy for Back Pain
Soaking in a hot tub can be beneficial for those who are suffering from back pain. Here are some ways in which modern hot tubs can help you to get relief from back pain. We have also discussed several models of therapy hot tubs in this article that are helpful for back pain relief.
Hot Tub Therapy for Arthritis
Hot tubs are a favorite pain relief method for those who are suffering from arthritis(3). There are many ways in which hot tubs can help those who have painful joints. In fact, further along in this article, we discuss several models of hot tubs that are perfect therapy hot tubs for those facing problems such as creaking in joints.
Features to Look for in Therapy Hot Tubs
When you need therapy hot tubs for specific purposes and not just for recreation, you should look for certain features that are a must in these hot tubs. Let’s take a quick look at the features you should look for when buying hot tubs for therapy.
1) Depth – A therapy hot tub should have adequate depth so that you are able to totally immerse yourself when you are soaking in the hot tub. You should also consider if you will be using the hot tub by yourself or with a spouse or family members. If more people are going to use the hot tub, you should go for a hot tub that can accommodate more number of people.
2) Placement of Jets – The number of jets is absolutely crucial in a therapy hot tub. In this case, you should look for the placement of jets instead of the number as more jets might not have the needed power to give a comfortable massage experience. If you are buying a hot tub for back pain relief, look for jets that focus on the spinal area.
3) Type of Jets – There are different types of jets in hot tubs. From jets that take air from outside and give a bubble massage experience to jets that use water for a massage. Choose the right type of jets based on the purpose of your purchase.
4) Custom Options – Check if the hot tub offers any custom options for use such as pulsating jets or jets that can be increased or decreased in intensity. More custom options will allow you to have a varied massage experience while using the hot tub.
5) Support – Support bars and handles in the hot tub are essential if you need help for getting in and out of the hot tub. For people suffering from back pain or arthritis, having support handles or railings can be highly beneficial.
6) Strong Base – As you are buying a therapy hot tub, make sure you go for a hot tub that has a strong base. As you would want to relax in the hot tub completely, it’s best to go for a reliable and solid hot tub.
Reviews of Therapy Hot Tubs
1) Futura Spas 6-Person 88-Jet Hot Tub with Lounger and Stainless Jets – Editor’s Choice for a Therapy Hot Tub
View on Wayfair
This hot tub from Futura Spas has a maximum capacity for six people, and it has 88 jets that offer amazing hydrotherapy benefits. The hot tub offers great customization options for all the jets, and you can divert the power of six horsepower secondary pump to the jets for a unique hydrotherapy experience. You can also adjust each jet depending on your soaking requirements.
There are many features in this hot tub that aid in cleaning the water. The Ozonator keeps the water clean and clear by adding ozone to the water. The pressurized filtration of the hot tub pushes the water through the filter cartridge to catch dirt and foreign objects in the water. The hot tub has an acrylic construction that adds to its durability, and also looks good in any kind of decor. If you are looking for a hot tub from a hydrotherapy perspective, this is one hot tub that ticks all the boxes.
- Adjustable jets for hydrotherapy
- Powerful pump and motor
- Thermo Service foam insulation system
- 240v hot tub heats up quickly
- Ample space for up to six people
- The insulation on the hot tub is not adequate
- The finish of the tub tends to fade with time
- The hot tub is not ideal for cold climates
- Draining the tub is difficult
- The knobs on the hot tub are made from cheap plastic
2) Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub – A Spacious Therapy Hot Tub
View on Amazon
The Rock Solid Simplicity hot tub from Lifesmart Spas is a medium-sized hot tub that is great for hydrotherapy. The hot tub is comfortable for up to three people, but four people can squeeze in without any difficulty. This a plug-and-play unit that comes with full-foam insulation to prevent heat loss. A cover is also included so that you can prevent heat loss and heat the water quicker. The deep bucket seats of the hot tub are comfortable for all.
The jets offer soothing massage, and you can change the mix of air and water depending on your usage. It is easy to control the functions of the hot tub with the digital control panel. The water stays hot when you are inside the hot tub as there is a stainless steel Balboa heater installed in the hot tub. The waterfall and LED lights add to the mood of soaking in the hot tub on cold evenings.
- High-quality insulation
- The hot tub meets California Energy Mandate
- The hot tub can be used indoor and outdoor
- Eco thermoplastic construction
- Comfortable deep bucket seat design
- The seats are too low
- The hot tub tends to develop leaks
- The hot tub does not reach 104-degree temperature
- The warranty is only one year
- The jets are not durable
3) Elite 600 6-Person 29-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub – A Bang for Your Bucks Therapy Hot Tub
View on Wayfair
The Elite 600 from Aquarest Spas is an ideal hot tub for therapy as it comes with 29 jets and comfortable seats. The jets can be programmed to focus on areas of the body that need a massage. There are dual side air controls that allow you to change the air flow in the water for a more intense massage. The lumbar arch in the hot tub is designed to alleviate pressure on the spine, and the jets placed at the right places massage the aching joints. The hot tub also has a waterfall and LED lights that help to create the right ambiance for relaxing.
The EZ Kleen filtration system keeps the water clean so that you can enjoy the luxury of soaking in bubbling, warm water. The Ozone system installed in the hot tub removes the need for adding too many chemicals to clean up the water. The hot tub is plug and play so you can start using it immediately after filling it with water. There is no need for an elaborate electrical setup to use this hot tub; you can plug it in a standard electrical outlet.
- Powerful jets for the soothing flow of water
- Well-designed with hydrotherapy in mind
- Jets placed at multiple levels
- Fully insulated with foam
- Built-in seating for additional comfort
- The hot tub cover is thin
- The hot tub takes too long to heat the water
- The hot tub’s pump makes noise
- The cover can become warped with time
- The pump can develop problems with usage
4) Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub – Powerful Therapy Hot Tub with In-built Seats
View on Amazon
This hot tub from Essential Hot Tubs is ideal for hydrotherapy as it comes with comfortable seating and powerful jets. The hot tub is made from spa resin that is durable and doesn’t add to the weight of the hot tub. The jets offer soothing massage, and you can increase the intensity of the jets as per your preference. A 2-speed, 2-HP pump powers the jets to create a perfectly soothing environment for all kinds of hydrotherapy. The interiors of this hot tub are fully insulated to prevent heat loss while you are soaking in the hot tub. When you heat the water, you can use the insulated cover that comes with the hot tub to quicken the rate of heating the water. The cover also locks up to prevent hot tub access to children or pets in your absence. This is a plug and play unit which can be plugged into any home outlet that provides 120v/15A of power.
- Heats up water quickly in less than 24 hours
- Includes a heavy-duty cover
- The hot tub is suitable for cold weather
- The hot tub can be converted to 240v
- The seats are comfortable
- The manual is not included
- The size is only suitable for 2-3 people
- The hot tub tends to develop leaks
5) Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jet Arbor Hot Tub – A Circular Therapy Hot Tub
View on Amazon
The Arbor Hot Tub is a combination of luxury, comfort, and utility in a small package. This is a great hot tub for therapy as it comes with a powerful pump and 20 stainless steel jets. You can change the settings of the jets with the provided display panel and enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy. The soothing sensation of hot and bubbly water on your body will ease your muscles and relax your joints. The interior of this hot tub is fully insulated, and the hot tub is made from highly durable granite resin.
This plug and play hot tub works with any regular household electrical outlet, and you can also convert the hot tub to 240V if needed. While heating the water, you can cover up the hot tub with the included cover that is insulated and comes with locking clips. This hot tub is the ultimate luxury if you are looking for a hot tub just for hydrotherapy. You can soak in hot water of this hot tub after a long day, and you will feel refreshed and rejuvenated after a soaking session.
- Easily change the massage option on the jets
- Powerful stainless steel Balboa heater
- Comes with GFCI cord
- Durable construction with granite resin
- Comfortable seats with varying depths
- The hot tub cover does not fit well
- Setup instructions were not included
FAQs about Therapy Hot Tub
Users or considering buyers often have questions and queries about the products they want to use or buy. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about therapy hot tubs
Ans. There is no specific temperature for soaking in the hot tub, it’s all dependent on your comfort level. Even then, you should talk to your physician and get a range of temperature that would be ideal for your particular recovery process.
Ans. Hot water can help the muscles around your joints to relax and help in easy movement of the joints. You can also exercise in the hot tub as the water offers a buoyant effect and decreases the stress on joints.
Ans. You should consider the hot tub manual for the exact procedure of jet adjustment. In most cases, the flow of the jets can be pointed in a direction by simply moving the head of the jet. You can also change the flow, volume, rotation, and movement of water depending on the hot tub model you own.
Ans. Using salts or oils in the hot tub is not recommended as it can contaminate the water and cause a chemical imbalance in the hot tub’s water. Make sure you take a shower before and after using the hot tub so that the water in the hot tub remains clean and free of any oils.
Ans. Hot tubs are safe by design. Make sure you don’t get in the hot tub when the temperature is too high. Always test the temperature of the water before getting in. If you feel light-headed or dizzy, get out of the tub immediately. Limit each soaking session to 15-20 minutes. You can add steps and railings on the outside so that it’s easy to get in and out of the hot tub.
Buying a therapy hot tub can be one of the best decisions you can make for your physical health. These hot tubs offer a plethora of options for people suffering from pains and aches. The combined effect of hot water and massage jets creates a luxurious and comfortable environment where you can relax and let go of your worries.
For people suffering from back pain, arthritis, and other aches in the body, hot tub therapy can be the ideal solution to find relief from the pain. Along with that, the combined benefits of the hot tubs can help you live a better and more comfortable life. The hot tubs are also available in a range of designs, and you can choose the one that best suits your budget and requirements. If you have bought a therapy hot tub recently, please let us know in the comments about your experience.