Fun Things to Do in a Hot Tub
A hot tub can be a relaxing spot to unwind after a long day, and it can also be a place to have some much-needed fun over the weekend. The best part of owning a hot tub is that it’s great for taking out some me-time. If you like being by yourself, a soak in the hot tub can help you relax, take away your tensions and recharge your mind, body, and soul. If you are the outgoing and party type, you can invite your friends and family members to join in the fun of soaking in a hot tub, too!
When people think of hot tubs, they simply think of relaxing, rejuvenating, and getting physical therapy for their sore joints and muscles. But hot tubs can be much more than that. Let’s take a look at the fun activities that you can enjoy in a hot tub.
- Play Games – You can play several entertaining games in the hot tub by using simple items like ping-pong balls or a cup. Throw a bunch of ping-pong balls in the hot tub, and the person who touches the ball first has to get out of the hot tub. Sounds simple, but it’s not so! You can divide your friends into two parties and get them to move the ping-pong ball by blowing on them so that it touches a member of the other party!
- Host A Party – A party in the hot tub can set the mood for the evening. You can invite your friends and family members to join you in the hot tub. Make sure you have set your hot tub to warm the water at least 24 hours before the party. With activities like games, music, movies, snacks, and more, you can have a gala time at your hot tub party.
- Enjoy Snacks – You can get finger foods and savory snacks that can be enjoyed in the hot tub. If you are planning to dine after soaking in the hot tub, you can get appetizers or fruits as snacks so that everyone can munch while enjoying the heat of the water. There are several tray accessories that can be attached to the side of the hot tub to keep snacks from falling into the water.
- Listen to Music – Music can be relaxing or upbeat depending on your mood. You can get waterproof Bluetooth speakers and set up your favorite playlist. Many hot tubs offer inbuilt Bluetooth speakers that can be paired with your smartphone so that you can stream music of your choice while you soak in the hot tub with your friends.
- Read A Book – A hot tub can be super-relaxing and reading a book while soaking in a hot tub can transport you to another world. You can pick up your favorite fiction book, a memoir or the latest page-turner and enjoy the cozy feeling of reading in the hot tub.
- Meditate – The relaxing ambiance of the hot tub is the best place to practice meditation for a short period. Simple breathe in, hold it and let the breath out for as long as you can. Meditation can help you to relax, lower your blood pressure and improve your focus and concentration.
- Exercise – The buoyancy offered by the water in the hot tub offers the ideal environment for light exercise. You can practice raising your legs from the floor of the hot tub and also move your arms around to improve flexibility in the joints. Even a short duration of exercise in the hot tub can offer you long-term benefits.
- Watch a Movie – You can set up your television or a projector at some distance from the hot tub and watch a movie while you are soaking in the warm water. If you are having a hot tub party, the latest movies can add to the atmosphere.
- Stargaze – Sitting in a hot tub at night is a great way to catch the sight of stars in the sky. You can spot constellations in the sky with your friends and switch off all the lights in your immediate area to create a serene atmosphere.
- Play Hot Tub Charades – Charades is a fun game that becomes even more joyous when you are in the hot tub. Simply divide into teams of equal members and one person from each team has to act out a word or a phrase given by the members of the other team. For more fun, have the actor stand out of the hot tub!
- Pass The Balloon – Fill up a large balloon with cold water and take turns passing it around in the hot tub. If the balloon bursts on a person, that person has to stand out of the hot tub for the duration of the game. It’s a fun game to break the ice in a group and let everyone know each other.
Soaking in a hot tub does not mean you have to sit in hot water and do nothing! You can enjoy all the above-mentioned activities and much more. With some music, food, and games, the number of activities is only limited by your imagination. Hot tubs can be great for learning more about your friends, and family members and hot tub activities can help you to bond better with them.
Make sure that everyone entering the hot tub stays hydrated. If anyone from your friends or family members has medical conditions that might become aggravated by exposure to heat, they should get approval from their physician first. Remember, safety for everyone involved should be the top priority during any hot tub soaking session.
So, what are your favorite hot tub activities? Do you like to play games in the hot tub or simply relax and unwind with your friends? Let us know in the comments if you have tried any of the activities mentioned in this article!