What are the Benefits of A Hot Tub?
Hot tubs are a great addition to any home as they offer a range of health benefits. Hot tubs are also a nice way to for friends and family members to enjoy each other’s company. What’s more, the whole family can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of soaking in a hot tub.
The hot tub benefits are manifold. From physical and emotional betterment to pain relief, better sleep and much more can be achieved by a simple soak in a hot tub for a few minutes every day.
View on Amazon
There are many health benefits of a hot tub at home. Keep in mind, if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, you should consult your physician before using a hot tub. The high temperature of a hot tubs’ water is often not ideal for people with heart conditions. Women who are pregnant should also avoid hot tubs as the high water temperature can be harmful to the fetus.
If you have a skin allergy or any other skin condition, you should keep out of the water as there is a chance that the allergy might flare up in contact with hot water. If the hot tub’s water is not clean, it might also cause hot tub rash among certain people. (1)
That said, if you maintain the cleanliness of the hot tub by changing the water regularly and keeping the pH levels under control, you can enjoy hot tubs and the myriad benefits that they provide. Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits associated with soaking in hot water.
1) Improved Sleep – Sitting in the hot for just 15-20 minutes before sleeping can do wonders for your sleep patterns. If you suffer from insomnia or restless sleep, the warmth of the hot water can help you relax and sleep better. (2)
2) Reduced Blood Pressure – Soaking in the hot tub’s warm water for only a short while can reduce your blood pressure and help you feel at ease. If you suffer from high blood pressure, you can talk to your physician and check if hot water therapy is the ideal solution for lowering your blood pressure. (3)
3) Increases Blood Circulation – Exposure to hot water dilates the blood vessels resulting in better blood circulation through the body. This can help you to feel at ease and reduce any stress that you might be feeling.
4) Reduces Pain – Hot tubs are instrumental in reducing pain as the effect of hot water coupled with massage jets can help to relieve pain from joints and muscles. People suffering from back pain, knee pain, or arthritis (4) can find relief from pain by soaking in hot water. The buoyant effect of the water reduces stress on the joints and improves flexibility.
5) Promotes Relaxation – Hot tubs are great for helping you relax. When you sit in a hot tub even for a short period of time, the combined effect of the heat and massage from the jets can help you feel relaxed and take away all your stress. Make sure you don’t sit in hot water for too long and keep taking short breaks by getting out of the hot tub every now and then.
Given the health benefits of hot tubs, you might be thinking about buying one too. Make sure you do your research before buying one. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose from a wide range of hot tubs for your house. From fixed hot tubs to inflatable hot tubs that can be moved from place to place, all kinds of tubs are available in the market.
You can also choose the kind of jets and showers you want in your hot tub. Bubble jets offer a unique massage experience, and you can also adjust the intensity of these bubble jets as per your preference.
Keep in mind that lengthy soaking sessions might not provide you with as much benefit as a short soaking session. For more information about hot tubs, please browse through this website.