How To Choose a Hot Tub
A hot tub can be a wonderful investment, and it can add to the quality of your life, too. But most people feel confused when it comes to choosing a hot tub. After all, there is so much choice available in the market that finalizing on one hot tub can be a difficult decision.
The choice of a hot tub depends on several factors. When you are in the market for purchasing a hot tub, you have to make sure the model you choose satisfies all or at least most of the criteria that are in your mind. Let’s take a look at some of these factors that you should keep in mind when looking for a hot tub.
1) Purpose – First you have to keep in mind why you are want to buy the hot tub. There are different hot tub models available in the market that are designed for particular purposes. You can buy hot tubs that are large and come equipped with modern features so that you can host a hot tub party. If you want a relaxing soak in hot water with your partner, you can choose a simple hot tub that warms up quickly.
2) Features – It is important to choose a hot tub that comes with the features that will make it fun to use the hot tub. Bubble jets and massage jets are essential if you are buying a hot tub for massage therapy. You can also get hot tubs that offer life and sound effects once you start using them. Another excellent feature of hot tubs is the timer based heating cycle that will switch off the heat once the water has reached a particular temperature.
3) Size – The size of the hot tub is also one of the factors that should decide your choice of the hot tub. If you plan to use the hot tub with your partner or a few friends, you can go for a simple hot tub that seats 2-4 people. If you plan to host parties and get-togethers with the hot tub as the center of attraction, then you might want to invest in a hot tub with more seating capacity.
4) Air Jet System – Depending on your needs and requirements, check if the jets in the hot tub are bubble or massage jets. You should also check the number of jets in the hot tub and if these are placed in comfortable position. Jets can be a wonderful addition to a hot tub and offer a relaxing sensation of massage with variation in the flow of air bubbles.
5) Type of Hot Tub – There are different types of hot tubs, and you can choose one based on your preferences. Inflatable hot tubs are ideal for those who move a lot and want to take their hot tub with them. You can also look into acrylic hot tubs that are more durable than inflatable hot tubs. If you want to invest in a larger hot tub then swim spas are the ideal choice for you.
6) Warranty – Warranty on the hot tub is one of the essential factors you should look for when buying a hot tub. Hot tubs have complicated electronics that can fail or malfunction with time and having a warranty in hand can save you from expensive repair work. Ask the spa manufacturer and seller about the kind of warranty they offer and if they can extend the warranty for a longer period. Buying extended warranty makes sense because anytime something goes wrong with the hot tub, you can claim the warranty.
7) Safety – Your safety is of utmost importance while enjoying a soak in the hot tub. You should check if the hot tub has an approved safety rating by agencies such as UL or ETL. Depending on the electrical connections in your house, make sure a certified technician installs your hot tub. You can also consider investing in a hot tub spa cover with a lock so that children or pets do not get into the hot tub in the absence of adults.
8) Energy Efficiency – Heating up the water in a hot tub can take a long time. Make sure you look at the energy efficiency of the hot tub and how long it takes to heat up the water to the required temperature. Also, check if the hot tub is properly insulated so that it can keep the water warm once it has reached a specific temperature. Heat loss from the body of the tub can mean it would take even more time for the water to heat up. A hot tub cover can add to the efficiency of the tub by keeping the heat in.
9) Ease of Operation – The hot tub should be easy to operate for all its features and functions. You can buy hot tub accessories that can help in maintaining the cleanliness of the water and keeping the chemical levels balanced. Also, check if the exterior of the hot tub can be cleaned with household cleaning supplies.
By keeping in mind all these factors and your own judgment, you can make the choice of picking up a hot tub that will give you the immense joy of soaking in hot water. Hot tubs are great as social gathering hubs and you can host a hot tub party where your friends and family members can enjoy with you.
A word of caution though, in case you are pregnant or you have a pre-existing medical condition like a heart disorder, skin allergy, or high blood pressure, make sure you talk to your physician before buying a hot tub to check if soaking in hot water is recommended for you.
For more information about hot tubs, please browse through this website. You can also read articles about the different types of hot tubs and how you can take care of your hot tub. Please feel free to write to us if you’d like to see any topics covered in the future articles on this website.