Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Portable Heated Bubble Hot Tub Review
The Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Portable Hot Tub is a wonderful addition to any home if you are fond of hot tubs. This inflatable hot tub has ample space for six adults and you can easily inflate it in your garden or patio with a spa pump. Along with being easy to operate, the hot tub comes with a range of health benefits all of which are associated with soaking in hot water.
If you have trouble in sleeping or you have pain in the joints, then a soak in hot water can help to alleviate these problems. Soaking in the hot tub for 15-20 minutes can also have a beneficial effect for those suffering from high blood pressure or skin ailments. But before you soak in the hot tub, make sure you talk to your physician if exposure to hot water is good for your health.
That said, the Intex Pure Spa is ideal for
those who want to enjoy the benefits of soaking in hot water without paying for
a large hot tub. This hot tub can be placed anywhere you like and if you are
moving houses, you can take this hot tub with you after deflating it. In this
article, we are going to take a look at the technical specifications, pros,
cons and other features of this hot tub.
View on Amazon
Quick Technical Specifications
|Product Name||Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Portable Heated Bubble Hot Tub|
|Dimensions||24.2 x 34.25 x 20.5 in|
|Seating Capacity||6 People|
|Temperature Range||68° – 104° F|
|Product URL||Check on Amazon|
Here’s a look at the key features of this hot tub.
- Easy to use Control Panel – The hot tub comes with a control panel that makes it easy to control various features of the hot tub. The panel is also useful because you don’t have to get out of the hot tub to change the temperature or the frequency of bubble jets. You can also use the panel to set up a timer so that the tub will shut down once a specific temperature has been reached.
- 170 High Powered Bubble Jets – The hot tub comes with 170 high powered bubble jets that are located around the inner surface of the hot tub. You can control the flow of bubbles from these jets and also focus on particular areas if you’d like a massage experience.
- Quick to Inflate – The hot tub takes only 20 minutes to inflate with a spa pump. When you want to set up the hot tub quickly, simply plug it in, and it’ll be ready for water in no time at all.
- Easy to Maintain – The hot tub is easy to maintain as there are no complex parts in it that might need regular servicing. When you are done using the hot tub, you can simply wash it with a mild soap solution and warm water.
- Durable – The hot tub is made from Fiber-Tech™ and puncture-resistant 3-ply laminated material that offers durability. If used properly, this hot tub will last for years with simple maintenance.
- Zero Hassle Transportation – Unlike acrylic hot tub, transporting an inflatable hot tub is easy as you just have to deflate it and the hot tub can be carried in a bag.
- Includes Safety Cover and Lock – This hot tub comes with a safety cover and a lock so that pets or children do not get into the tub without adult supervision. The cover also protects the hot tub’s water from dust and debris when the water is getting hot.
Key Technical Specifications
- Hard-Water Treatment System – The hard-water treatment system in this hot tub treats the water to remove any impurities so that the water is safe for your skin while you are soaking in the hot tub.
- Two Filter Cartridges – The hot tub has two filter cartridges that clean the water so that all impurities are removed and there is no need to refill the water every time you want to soak in the hot tub.
- Puncture Resistant Material – The hot tub is made from high quality material that is puncture resistant so that you can use it in the open without any worries. The 3-ply material also adds to the durability of the hot tub.
- Extensive Water Capacity – With a water capacity of 290 gallons, you can fully soak into the hot tub with your friends and loved ones.
- Heat Sealed Material – The material of the hot tub is heat sealed, which means there is minimal heat loss from the sides of the hot tub while it is filled with water that is getting hot.
- Quick to Heat – The 1300 watt heater of the hot tub heats up the water quickly at the rate of 1-2 degrees F per hour. You can switch on the hot tub in the morning and by evening you will have hot water at optimum temperature for enjoying a soak.
Pros of using Intex PureSpa 6-Person Hot Tub
- Included Cover Minimizes Heat Loss – As the tub is large in size, there is more scope of heat loss due to a large surface area. The heat loss can be minimized by using the included cover that can cover up the hot tub when water is heating up.
- Electricity Efficient – The hot tub is energy efficient, and even if you leave it running on filter setting for most of the time, it will not make a significant impact on your power bills. The temperature loss is minimal if you don’t use the bubbles.
- Strong Construction – The hot tub is made from high quality materials that ensure it doesn’t develop air or water leaks. The 3-ply construction of the hot tub makes it ideal for use in all kinds of weather.
- Easy Setup – The hot tub is easy to set up. All you need to do is inflate the hot tub with a spa pump and then fill it up with water and set the temperature.
Cons of using Intex PureSpa 6-Person Hot Tub
All devices have some negative points associated with their usage, too. Here are some cons of using this hot tub.
- Bubbles Cause Temperature Drop – The temperature of the hot tub drops quickly once the bubbles are used. As the air moves through the water, it can lower the temperature quickly, so the best option would be to stop using the bubble feature if you feel the temperature is coming down.
- Filters Get Dirty Quickly – If you keep the filters running all the time, you will need to change them every week or so. The error code e90 corresponds to the tub’s need for a filter change.
- Headrests – The included headrests are not comfortable, and they can get in the way of enjoying the full warmth of the hot tub. You can either use the hot tub without the headrests or buy a new set of headrests.
- The Tub Requires Initial Cleaning – There might be debris and dust stuck in the jets and filters so before using the tub fully, the jets and filters need to be cleaned.
- Quick Heat Loss – The hot tub loses heat quickly once the hot tub cover is removed. If the bubbles are turned on at the same time, the temperature drop can be significant.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the Intex PureSpa Hot Tub
Ans. The hot tub comes with self-cleaning mechanisms such as the filtration system and hard water softening system. You can also put bromine tablets in a floater and rinse the filters of any dirt or impurities every week. Make sure you use a pool screen to remove any debris from the hot tub, too.
Ans. It is not recommended to use an extension cord with equipment such as hot tubs. You can get an electrician to do proper wiring that can take the load of the hot tub from the main switches in your house.
Ans. This hot tub has quiet operation and the only sound is the bubbles in the water and that is not loud enough to cause any disturbance.
Ans. You do not need to build a specific base as long as the ground you place the hot tub on is level and it can take the weight of the hot tub when it’s filled with water. Make sure there are no debris or sharp stones on the ground where you plan to put the hot tub.
Ans. The hot tub comes with in-built padding on the bottom that is comfortable enough for sitting when you are in the water.
Ans. The time take for the water to get hot depends on outside temperature and whether you have the hot tub covered or not. On an average, the water gets hot at the rate of 1-2 degrees F per hour.
The Intex PureSpa 6-Person Inflatable Portable Heated Bubble Hot Tub comes with a range of features and functions that make it a must buy in the inflatable hot tub category. The hot tub is spacious, comfortable, and easy to operate. Once you set it up, you don’t have to worry about programming it again and again as you can simply choose the temperature from the control panel.
From a health point of view, the hot tub has twin filters that filter the impurities out of the water and hard water softening system that treats the hard water so that it’s soothing for your skin. If you are looking for a hot tub that ticks all the boxes for features and specifications, then this is the hot tub you should get.
If you are planning to buy this hot tub or if you have bought this hot tub in recent past, feel free to share your thoughts about this product with our readers.