What Type of Hot Tub Should I Buy?
Thinking of buying a hot tub but the options available in the market confuse you? Well, let’s make it a little bit easier to make your mind up about the hot tub you want to buy. If you have ever wondered what type of hot tub I should buy, then you are at the right place. When you’re looking for hot tubs, there are two basic types of hot tubs.
1) Fixed Hot Tubs – These hot tubs are installed in one place, and these cannot be moved from there. The advantage of this type of hot tubs is that these are highly durable, offer added seating comfort and provide stability. The disadvantage is that as these are fixed, removing them for installation in another place is often more expensive than buying a new hot tub. Also, you have to be careful about the maintenance of these hot tubs as blocked drains, or unhygienic surfaces can ruin the mood of enjoying a relaxing soak.
2) Portable Hot Tubs – There are several varieties of portable hot tubs, and all these have their advantages and disadvantages. Some common types of portable hot tubs are:
a) Inflatable hot tubs – These tubs can are made from strengthened vinyl that is highly durable. You can inflate these hot tubs with the automatic pumps that are provided along with the tub, and these are very easy to set up. These tubs are easy to set up and store as the tub can be deflated when not in use.
View on Amazon
b) Acrylic Hot Tubs – These hot tubs are small in size, but they offer a range of features that you can expect from any modern hot tub. From massage jets to multiple seating spaces, and underwater lights. These tubs are also easy to move, but their storage can be a problem as they take up space. Acrylic hot tubs are also highly durable.
View on Amazon
c) Swim Spas – These hot tubs can also be installed in one place and these have powerful jets that offer a current that you can swim against. Keep in mind, these hot tubs are large in size and they need a lot of space, water and electricity to operate.
View on Amazon
How to Choose The Right Type of Hot Tub?
Choosing a hot tub is not easy as there are too many factors that can influence your choice of a hot tub. More than that, your personal preference also matters. You might like one type of hot tub over the other even if it does not have the features and specifications you are looking for. But let’s take a look at some of these factors you should consider when looking for a hot tub.
Things to Keep in Mind While Purchasing a Hot Tub
Simply purchasing a hot tub is not enough, there are certain things that you should keep in mind while buying a hot tub that will help you make the full use of the hot tub and all its features.
1) Supplies Needed – When you buy a hot tub, some supplies will be included with the tub, but you will need to invest in buying more of these supplies as you use the hot tub. Hot tub cleaning chemicals, chemical testing kits, filters and water softeners are essential to make the full use of the hot tub. You will also need to buy a hot tub cover to make sure the water in your hot tub stays hot when it’s not in use.
2) Operating Costs – The operating costs depend on how much power your hot tub requires for heating up the water. If you use your hot tub often, expect a rise in your power as well as water bills.
3) Installation – If you are going for a 110v hot tub, you can use it with the existing power supply in your home. These tubs are simply plug-and-play. A 220v hot tub, on the other hand, will require the assistance of an electrician for installation, and you might need to modify the electric wiring of your house to install these. A 220v hot tub will heat up the water quicker, but it will also cost you more in terms of power expenditure.
4) Warranty – Like all devices, hot tubs also malfunction now and then. It’s best to go for a hot tub that offers an extensive warranty. You can also check with the manufacturer if they offer more warranty that you can purchase separately. Make sure you sign the warranty documents when you buy the hot tub so that you can claim the warranty in case something goes wrong with the tub.
The Final Word
A hot tub can be a blessing when you are tired after working all day, and you just want to relax. So make sure you do your research and keep all the above-mentioned factors in mind before finally buying a hot tub. Remember, no hot tub is wrong or right purchase, it’s all dependent on your personal preference. For more information about hot tubs, please browse through this website.