Best Hot Tub Under $1,000
Buying a hot tub is one of the best decisions you can make if you are interested in hydrotherapy, or you just want to relax in hot water after a long day. There are many hot tub models available in under $1000 range, but if you are looking for acrylic hot tubs under $1000, there are none available, and you will have to look for models that are in the $2000+ range. For hot tubs under $1000, you can check out inflatable hot tubs.
These hot tubs are perfect if you plan to move your hot tub from time to time. Also, if you are living in rented accommodation and you can’t modify the place, inflatable hot tub is an excellent choice for you.
In this article, we are going to take a look at some models of inflatable hot tubs, their functions, comparison of their features, pros, and cons of using the hot tubs. We will also take a look at some of the frequently asked questions about hot tubs.
Comparison Chart of Hot Tubs Under $1000
|Serial No||Product Name||No. of Persons||Jets||Product Size||Water Capacity in gallons||Voltage||Maximum Temperature in F||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|1||Intex 85in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set||6||140||85 x 85 x 28 inches||290||110v||104||3.6||Check on Amazon|
|2||Coleman 71" x 26" Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub||4||60||34.5 x 18.7 x 24 inches||240||110v||104||4.1||Check on Amazon|
|3||Coleman SaluSpa 4 Person Portable Hot Tub||4||114||32.1 x 24.2 x 21.4 inches||300||110v||104||4.3||Check on Amazon|
|4||Premium Mont Blanc Inflatable Bubble Hot Tub||4||118||2' 4'' H x 5' 11'' W x 5' 11'' L||245||110v||219||4.4||Check on Wayfair|
What to look for in Hot tub under $1000
Here are some features that you can search for when you want to buy a hot tub under $1000
1) Seating Capacity – Choose a hot tub that has the seating capacity that is ideal for your usage. If you are planning to use the hot tub with your significant other or on your own, you can choose a hot tub with 2-3 people sitting capacity. But if you are planning to use the hot tub with a small family or with your friends, it’s best to go with a hot tub that has a seating capacity of 5-6 people.
2) Water Capacity – The more water there is in the hot tub, the longer it will take to heat the water. Again it depends on how you want to use the hot tub. If you are going to soak in for a short time after a long day, you can manage with a hot tub with less water capacity. But if you are planning to invite friends over, choose a hot tub with more water capacity.
3) Temperature Range – Depending on the weather in your region, choose a hot tub that offers a maximum temperature range. A high-temperature range will not only heat up the water faster, but it will also keep the water warm when you are not using the hot tub. You can cover up the hot tub with an insulated cover to keep the heat from escaping to the atmosphere.
4) Construction Material – A good quality construction material like fiber-tech will keep the hot tub in perfect condition through all kinds of weather. The material of the inflatable hot tubs goes through a lot of environmental exposure, which is why you should choose a highly durable material that can withstand different kinds of temperatures.
5) Number of Jets – More jets translate to better hydrotherapy benefits. You can use the jets to target specific areas of your body that need a massage and also adjust the intensity of the jets depending on your preference. When jets are placed in different areas of the hot tub, everyone sitting in the tub can enjoy the soothing massage from the jets.
Reviews of Best Hot Tubs Under $1000
1) Intex 85in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set – A Feature-Packed Hot Tub under $1000
View on Amazon
This hot tub from Intex has several features that make it one of the best selling hot tubs in the market. The hot tub inflates quickly and has a seating capacity for six people. There is a built-in hard water softening system that keeps the water smooth and clean.
You also get two filter cartridges with this hot tub, and you can use the thermal ground cloth to place the hot tub on a surface and prevent heat loss through the base of the hot tub. The overall water capacity of the hot tub is 290 gallons, and you can fill it up and heat the water in as little as 24 hours.
The jets of this hot tub provide excellent bubble massage, and there are 140 bubble jets with a 1.1 hp bubble air blower. The construction of this hot tub also deserves a mention as it is made of high-strength polyester fibers that do not warp or break under stress. You can use this hot tub outdoors without worrying about a loss in constructional strength.
The tub also has a highly functional control panel that activates the bubble jets and other functions of the hot tub with a press of a button. If you are looking for a durable and features filled hot tub, the Intex 85in PureSpa Portable Spa Set ticks all the right boxes.
- Comes with a built-in hard water treatment system
- Fiber-tech construction for added durability
- 140 high-powered bubble jets
- Comfortable seating
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Inflates and heats up quickly
- The pump has a high malfunction rate
- It is difficult to drain the hot tub
- The hot tub is not ideal for cold climate
- The E90 error code is common
- The hose of the pump is not a standard size
2) Coleman 71″ x 26″ Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub – A Comfortable Hot Tub Under $1000
View on Amazon
This hot tub from Coleman has ample space for four people, and it offers a relaxing bubble massage courtesy of 60 air jets inside the hot tub. The hot tub is easy to inflate with the provided air pump, and you can heat the water quickly with the provided rapid heating system. The construction of the hot tub has a durable 3-ply PVC and a sturdy I-Beam construction that adds to the stability of the sides of the hot tub. You can move the hot tub quickly with the provided handles on the sides of the unit.
Adjust the temperature of the water with the digital control panel and enjoy soaking in hot water that will relax your body. Along with the hot tub, you also get a chemical floater, a twin pack of filter cartridges, and an inflatable cover. You can cover up the hot tub when you are not using it so that it keeps the water warm. The floor of the hot tub is cushioned for comfortable seating. The unique feature of this hot tub is that it also comes with a drain valve, which makes it easy to empty the hot tub when you want to clean it.
- The powerful heater heats the water quickly
- Durable construction with strong sides
- 60 air jets for amazing hydrotherapy benefits
- Extensive 325 gallon capacity for water
- Works on a 110v outlet
- The hot tub is slow to heat if the top is off
- The cover does not provide adequate insulation
- Replacement parts are difficult to find
- The hot tub is not ideal for temperature below 40 degrees
- Setup directions are not adequate
3) Coleman SaluSpa 4 Person Portable Hot Tub – Square Hot Tub Under $1000
View on Amazon
If you are looking for an inflatable hot tub that has a unique design, the Coleman SaluSpa hot tub will suit your requirements. This square-shaped hot tub has seating arrangements for four people, and you can move this hot tub to any location you like. The hot tub is easy to set up; simply fill it up with air and use a garden hose to fill water in the hot tub. The hot tub heats up quickly, and you can be soaking in hot water in no time. There are 114 jets in this hot tub that offer a fantastic hydrotherapy experience.
You can choose a comfortable temperature with the provided digital control panel without even getting out of the hot tub. The hot tub comes with a chemical floater, twin pack of filter cartridges, and an inflatable cover to prevent heat from escaping the hot tub. To save on the power expenses, the hot tub comes with a power saving system that controls the heating system with an on/off timer. This hot tub is the final word in comfort in this price range, and you can easily make this hot tub a part of your patio decor as the hot tub has a unique square shape.
- Heats up quickly
- Comes with 114 jets for air massage
- Cover includes air chamber for added insulation
- Reinforced cover has clips for added safety
- Plug and play means you can use it with regular home outlets
- Using bubbles while heating up drops the water temperature
- The drain plug tends to leak water
- The tub needs refilling from time to time
- Chlorine can cause wear in the hot tub material
- Setup direction are not adequate
4) Premium Mont Blanc Inflatable Bubble Hot Tub – A Premium Hot Tub Under $1000View on Wayfair
This hot tub from MSPA USA Shop comes with basic features in simple set up. The pump used for inflating the hot tub is attached to the unit, so there is no scope of misplacing the pump after a season of usage. The operation of the hot tub is whisper quiet, and you can set up the temperature and the jets with the built-in control system on the side of the hot tub. The maximum capacity of this hot tub is six people, and it operates on 110v, which means you can plug it into the standard home outlets.
The total water capacity of the hot tub is 245 gallons, and it comes with a cover that you can use to keep the water warm when the hot tub is not in use. You can also lock the cover to prevent children or pets from getting into the hot tub when adults are not around. The hot tub is made from vinyl, which adds to its durability and all-weather construction. If you are looking for a simple hot tub on a budget, this is the ideal purchase for you.
- The hot tub comes with two filters
- The hot tub has a powerful bubble function
- The seats are padded and comfortable
- The tub heats up in 4-6 hours
- The hot tub only heats to 100 degrees
- There is not enough space for six people
- The bottom is thin
- The bubbles stop after 20 minutes and restart
- The jets have only one setting
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Hot Tubs Under $1000
Buyers often have questions about hot tubs they want to buy or have bought. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the hot tubs in the $1000 range.
Ans. Once you have filled up the hot tub with water, switch on the heater, but don’t turn the bubbles on. You can also cover up the hot tub with the provided insulated cover to quickly heat the water. Another tip is to keep the hot tub on an insulated blanket or a surface that doesn’t lose heat.
Ans. Depending on your usage, you should change the water in the hot tub every two to three months. If you see the water has a film on it, or it looks greenish, it might be time to change the water early. Every time you change the water in the hot tub, make sure you balance the chemicals again as well.
Ans. You can use a thermal blanket and place the hot tub on top of that blanket. Also, you can use a foam board to elevate the hot tub so that it doesn’t lose heat from bottom. If the bottom of the hot tub is padded, there is less scope of losing heat from the bottom.
Ans. You can consult the manual of your hot tub as they often have troubleshooting solutions for common errors. If you can’t find the manual, you can get in touch with the customer care of the manufacturer who can guide you about the best way to resolve the error.
Ans. Filters should be changed every 4-6 months as these can get dirty with regular use. If you don’t use the hot tub too often, you can simply clean up the filters with a garden hose and reinstall them for the time being. If your hot tub stops cleaning the water, then it is time to change the filters.
If you are looking for a hot tub under $1000 range, you will have to go for an inflatable hot tub. There are several models to choose from and you can pick one that suits your budget and requirements. Keep in mind, inflatable hot tubs are durable and sturdy, but you still need to care for them as you would for an acrylic hot tub. Even more in case of an inflatable hot tub as you should avoid keeping sharp things close to these hot tubs. If you spot an air leak, try to patch it as soon as you can. You can find solutions to common errors in the user manual and you can also contact the hot tub manufacturer in case any other issues arise with the hot tub’s functions.
For any other queries or questions, please feel free to leave a comment and our team will get back to you at the earliest.