Best Hot Tub for Tall Person
For a tall person using a hot tub can be a little tricky because a tall person needs more depth to sit in the hot tub comfortably. If the hot tub is not deep enough, a person’s shoulders might stick out of the water, and that can ruin the whole mood of soaking in hot water.
A tall person should be able to comfortably sit in the hot tub to enjoy the benefits of soaking in hot water and hydrotherapy jets. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the best hot tubs for tall persons. We will also take a look at how we selected the hot tubs with a specific focus on tall users.
Comparison Chart of Best Hot Tub for Tall Person
|Serial No||Product Name||Editor's Height Rating (Max. Height)||Product Size (inches)||Capacity Claimed by Manufacturer||Jets||Water Capacity (gallons)||Voltage||Waterfall Available||Ozonator|
|1||Essential Hot Tubs 50-Jet Polara Hot Tub||6'1"||85 x 85 x 36||6||50||400||240||No||Yes|
|2||Elite 600 6-Person 29-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub||6'2"||80 x 80 x 32||6||29||240||120||Yes||Yes|
|3||Essential Hot Tubs 67-Jet Syracuse Hot Tub||6'3"||85 x 85 x 36||5-6||67||400||240||Yes||Yes|
|4||Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub||6'||70.5 x 61 x 29.5||3-4||14||200||110||No||No|
|5||Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub||6'2"||70 x 61 x 32||4||13||195||110||Yes||Yes|
|6||6-Person 21-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub||6'3"||79 x 78 x 34||6||21||270||120||Yes||No|
|7||Hudson Bay 6 Person 19 Jet Spa||6'||76 x 76 x 34||6||19||300||110||Yes||No|
|8||Hudson Bay Spas 4 Person 14 Jet Spa||6'||70 x 60 x 32||4||14||225||110||Yes||No|
|9||Essential Hot Tubs 22-Jet Cape Town Hot Tub||6'||76 x 76 x 32||4-5||22||250||110||No||No|
|10||5-Person 32-Jet Hot Tub||6'||75 x 75 x 34||5||32||300||220||Yes||Yes|
How we Chose Hot Tubs for Tall People
When it comes to choosing a hot tub for a tall person, there are many things that you need to take into account. Here’s a look at some of the features that we looked at while choosing the hot tubs mentioned in this article.
- Total Space – We chose hot tubs that had maximum space in terms of length and width of the hot tub. As a tall person, you might want to stretch and sit comfortably while there are others in the hot tub. With a hot tub that is wide in all directions, it is easy to sit comfortably for a tall person.
- Depth – The depth of the hot tub is of the maximum importance for a tall person. While you might be able to stretch in the hot tub, if you are not deep enough, your shoulder might stick out of the water. This can ruin the whole experience of soaking in hot water. A deep enough hot tub can give you ample space for dipping in the water.
- Lounger – A lounger is an essential feature of high-end hot tubs that allows you to recline with your feet up and your neck and shoulders in a comfortable position. A lounger offers extensive hydrotherapy benefits by focusing the power of the jets on the areas that need maximum attention. For tall people, a lounger can be the final word in comfort.
- Number of Jets – A large number of jets are essential for providing the much-needed hydrotherapy and massage benefits. For tall people, the complaint most often is that there are not enough jets to massage all over their body. Sometimes, the jets don’t cover the neck or the leg area and it can be a problem. A person might need to move around to get the full benefit of the jets. With more jets, there are no such issues as the jets cover all parts of the body.
- Seat Versatility – A standard seating arrangement is not adequate for a tall person as their legs can get cramped if they are sitting too close to the floor of the hot tub. With a varied seating arrangement, they can sit according to their comfort as needed. A higher and lower seat combination will also be comfortable for others in the spa who are of varying heights.
Reviews of Best Hot Tub for Tall Person
1) Essential Hot Tubs 50-Jet Polara Hot Tub
View on Amazon
The Polara Hot Tub from Essential is the ideal hot tub for tall people as it comes with a lounger and a deep seat that offers all the benefits of hydrotherapy. A 6’1” person can entirely lie down in the lounger, and the seats have a depth of 36” which offers comfortable seating space for a tall person. The hot tub also features 50 jets that are placed in all the right places inside the hot tub so that you can get the hydrotherapy benefits that you seek.
The lounger of the hot tub is great for lying down in the hot tub while the jets work their magic on the sore and tired muscles. With the space in the hot tub, a tall person can easily lounge and move around without feeling cramped for lack of space. The hot tub also has seats of varying heights as well as two Captain’s Chairs for a unique hydrotherapy experience.
- Includes a comfortable lounger
- Seats at different heights
- Adjustable jets for hydrotherapy
- 400 gallons of water capacity
- Powerful jets for all massage points
- The pillow cushions fall apart with use
- Setup instructions are not clear
- No access door for electrical connections
- The insulation is not adequate
2) Elite 600 6-Person 29-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub
View on Wayfair
The Elite 600 is a six-person hot tub that is perfect for tall people as well. The hot tub is spacious, with a range of features that suit tall people. The hot tub comes with built-in seating that adds to the comfort of sitting in the hot tub. The seats are at all levels so that you can sit in hot water without exposing your shoulders. If you are a tall person, you can choose a lower seat and even stretch your legs in the hot tubs.
With a depth of 32” and width of 80”, there is ample room in the hot tub to sit comfortably and relax. The added therapeutic lumbar arch support adds to the relaxation quotient of the hot tub. There are multi-level jets placed through the hot tub that focus on the legs and the back. For a 6’2” person, there is enough space to keep the shoulders below the water and enough legroom as well.
- Spacious for tall people
- Seats with varying heights
- Powerful jets for hydrotherapy
- Plug and play operation
- The hot tub maintains temperature well
- The pump makes noise while in use
- The spa cover is not durable
- The pump is not powerful for the winter season
- The hot tub has a scratchy surface
3) Essential Hot Tubs 67-Jet Syracuse Hot Tub
View on Amazon
This hot tub from Essential comes with a range of features that will appeal to tall users. The hot tub has a depth of 36” which makes it perfect depth for a person measuring 6’3” or more. When you sit in this hot tub, your shoulders will not stick out of the water.
If you are a tall person, you can relax in hot water of this hot tub without feeling the cold wind on your body. The hot tub also has a lounger where you can stretch out to relax while the jets of the hot tub massage aches and pains in your body.
The Captain’s Chairs are a welcome addition to this hot tub as these are ideal for a tall person to sit in while getting the powerful hydrotherapy benefits from the unit. The Captain’s Chair comes with padded headrest and shoulders jets that add to the comfort of sitting in the chair. If you are tall and you’ve been looking for a hot tub for your height, give this unit a look.
- Ideal for users up to 6’3”
- Ample space for lounging and stretching out
- Seats are at different heights for user comfort
- Steps included for added convenience
- Neck and shoulder jets for tall users
- The instructions for setup are confusing
- The hot tub tends to leak
- There is no drain in the hot tub
- The control panel is not user-friendly
4) Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub
View on Amazon
The Newport Hot Tub from Essential Hot Tubs is a great hot tub for you if you are tall. The hot tub has a depth of 29.5” which is perfect for anyone standing at 6” of height. You can sit down in this hot tub without your shoulders sticking out of the water. The hot tub comes with a lounger for a full body massage, and the seats are deep enough to sit in without feeling like you are out of the water.
There is ample floor space in the hot tub, and you can comfortably sit in it and stretch your legs as long as there are 2-3 other people in the hot tub. The jets are powerful and offer massage that is relaxing and invigorating as well. If you are a tall person looking for a spacious hot tub, check this unit for sure.
- Ample floor space
- Comes with built-in seating
- Deep seats and a lounger for massage
- Durable molded construction
- Easy to convert to 240V
- The setup instructions are not clear
- The hot tub tends to develop leaks
- LED light can be disorienting
- Control panel is not user-friendly
5) Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub
View on Amazon
This hot tub from Lifesmart Spas is ideal for up to four people, and if you are looking for a hot tub that will be ideal for a tall person, this one fits the bill. The hot tub’s depth is 32”, and a person at 6’2” of height can easily sit in the hot tub with shoulders below the water’s surface. The deep bucket seats add to the comfort of sitting in the hot tub if you are a tall person.
The hot tub has 13 jets that you can customize as per your preference with the mix of air and water. Whether you are looking for a full body massage or focus the water pressure on a particular body part like the neck or the back, you can do it all in this hot tub. The spa light has a mood lens that can change the color of light, and you can set the light up to create the perfect ambiance for soaking in the hot tub.
- Ideal for tall users up to 6’2” and more
- Powerful jets all around
- Deep seats for added comfort
- High-quality durable construction
- Fully insulated with foam
- The pump can develop rust
- The hot tub does not get hot till 104 degrees
- It is difficult to locate leaks in this hot tub
- The jets are not durable for long term use
Hot tubs can be a joy if you can relax comfortably in hot water. For tall people, finding hot tubs that have ample space and depth in them can be a challenge. By keeping the specifications of the hot tub in mind, you can make an informed decision about the hot tub if it would suit your needs or not.
In this article, we have chosen the hot tubs for their ease of use for tall people. Keep in mind, if you plan to soak in the hot tub with fewer people than the hot tub is designed for, then you can capitalize on the additional space. A deeper hot tub will always give you added space if you are tall.
For any further questions or queries, feel free to leave a comment below this article.