Best Outdoor Hot Tub Reviews
Soaking in the hot water tub isn’t always fun when you’re indoors, there is a certain joy in enjoying a soak in the hot water tub under the open sky. Whether you’re having a party with your friends and family members, or you’re sharing a romantic time with your special someone, having a hot tub in the open is a unique experience that should be felt by everyone.
Outdoor hot tubs are great for enjoying some time in the lap of nature or spending some time in your own company, contemplating and thinking in the relaxing waters of the hot tub. In regions with cold weather, sitting in the hot tub outdoors can be a rejuvenating experience as the outside in cold, but the water is hot and it can really help one relax. The difference in temperature encourages the body to release endorphins that can induce a natural feeling of overall well being.
Outdoor hot tubs are also easy to install. You can choose from an inflatable or acrylic hot tubs that can simply be plugged into the existing power supply and you can be ready to enjoy the hot water for a relaxing time. An outdoor hot tub also adds to the looks of your house as you can place it on the patio, on your deck or in the outhouse. With inflatable outdoor hot tubs, you can move the tub where you like and enjoy your hot tub in all kinds of weather.
In this writeup, we are going to take a look at some of the best outdoor hot tubs available in the market. We’ll discuss the features, advantages, disadvantages, products reviews and more about these outdoor hot tubs so that by the end of this writeup, you’re able to make an informed decision about the outdoor hot tub you want to buy.
Comparison Chart of Best Outdoor Hot Tub
|Product Name||Weight||Seating Capacity||Water Capacity||Voltage||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|Intex 77-Inches PureSpa||87.2 lbs||4 people||210 gallons||110v||3.7/5||Check on Amazon|
|Coleman Lay Z Spa||85.9 lbs||4 people||254 gallons||120v||4.1/5||Check on Amazon|
|SaluSpa Miami AirJet||53.9 lbs||4 people||177 gallons||110v||3.8/5||Check on Amazon|
|Rock Solid Simplicity||240 lbs||4 people||195 gallons||110V||4.7/5||Check on Wayfair|
|Rock Solid Luna||244 lbs||4 people||220 gallons||110v||4.6/5||Check on Wayfair|
|Retreat DLX 5-Person||351 lbs||5 people||400 gallons||110v||4.7/5||Check on Wayfair|
|Aqua Rest Spas AR-600||295 lbs||6 people||240 gallons||120v||4.4/5||Check on Amazon|
|AR-150 4-Person||240 lbs||4 people||170 gallons||120v||4.5/5||Check on Wayfair|
|Aqua Rest Spas AR-400||240 lbs||4 people||190 gallons||120v||4.5/5||Check on Amazon|
|Comfort Line Products||85 lbs||4 people||300 gallons||110v||3.7/5||Check on Amazon|
How We Chose Outdoor Hot Tubs for This Writeup
Selecting a few outdoor hot tubs from the range available is not an easy task. We took help of certain criteria to choose these hot tubs. Here are the things we kept in mind.
- User Reviews We read through user reviews of a wide range of products to figure out which products were best liked by the users. User reviews also gave us an insight into the features that were best liked by the users.
- User Ratings Often, users do not leave reviews, but simply rate a product. We took into account these ratings as well and ranked the products in order of the ratings given by users.
- Ease of Use An outdoor hot tub should be easy to use in terms of installation and features. We took into account the ease of use felt by the users while using these hot tubs.
- Warranty A long warranty is absolutely essential for any product. We gave a higher rating to the products that had a long term warranty.
Features to Look for in Outdoor Hot Tub
Buying an outdoor hot tub is easy if you know what you’re looking for. Here are a few features you should keep in mind before buying an outdoor hot tub.
- Portability An outdoor hot tub should be portable enough so that you can place it wherever you wish. There are times when you want to enjoy in your hot tub on your patio or on your deck or your outhouse. The tub should be lightweight and easy to pick so that you can move it where you like.
- Space An outdoor hot tub needs to be spacious enough to make room for all the people that want to sit in it. If you’re buying a hot tub just for yourself and your spouse, you need to keep in mind that most hot tubs are a bit on the small side and you should always look for a size bigger than you actually need.
- Durability As an outdoor hot tub will be placed in the outdoors, it will be exposed to the elements like air, rain, snow, and sunlight. The tub needs to be made from materials that are durable enough to handle all these elements and still keep on working flawlessly for years to come.
- Ease of Use An outdoor hot tub should be easy to use whether it is the controls or any other features of the tub. Most of all, a tub should be easy to get in and get out of while it is in use. Setting up the tub should also be easy.
- Quick to Heat up An outdoor hot tub needs to have a quick heating facility so that users do not have to wait for a long time for the tub to get properly heated up.
- Warranty Low Maintenance – Maintenance is something that can take a lot of time out of enjoying the water of the hot tub. An outdoor hot tub should be easy to clean and maintain in all seasons.- An extended warranty is an absolute must for any kind of outdoor hot tub. Keep in mind that these tubs will be out there in all seasons and there is more chance of something going wrong with the tub as a result. This is why you should keep an eye on the kind of warranty offered by the manufacturer.
Advantages of Outdoor Hot Tubs
Outdoor hot tubs are great for use in all seasons. Here are some advantages of using outdoor hot tubs
- Open Environment The biggest advantage of an outdoor hot tub is that you can place it outside under the open sky and enjoy the comfort of sitting in the hot water. At night, looking at the stars while sitting comfortably in your hot water tub really adds to the charm of these hot tubs.
- Affordable Outdoor hot tubs are considerably more affordable than indoor hot tubs. You don’t need to make any extra space for the hot tub and you don’t even need to figure out the ventilation methods as you would if you had kept the hot tub indoors.
- Add to the Decor Outdoor hot tubs are great for adding to the decor of a yard. These tubs look classy and stylish even when you’re not soaking in them. The tubs are a great way to make your yard look interesting.
- Great for Parties If you’re having a party in your garden, an outdoor hot tub can really liven up the whole atmosphere. Guest can enjoy soaking in the hot tub and it can be a great place for everyone to hang out and chill.
Disadvantages of Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Maintenance As these tubs are placed outdoors, these need proper maintenance to keep them working in an optimum condition. From cleaning the tubs to ensuring the chemical balance in the tubs is ideal for use, all these factors need to be taken care of all the time.
- Wear and Tear Keeping a tub outdoor means it will go through some amount of wear and tear through the years. In case you live in a place that faces extreme weather of any kind, keeping a hot tub means you will have to take extra care of it to prevent wear and tear.
- Inconvenient During Rough Weather Sitting in a hot tub can be really comfortable, but in any kind of rough weather such as rain, hail, or wind, you might want to get out of the tub quickly and cover it up to prevent any dust or debris from getting into the tub.
- Less Privacy A hot tub in the outdoors means there is much less privacy as compared to having a hot tub indoors. This is the bargain you have to make when you want to enjoy your tub under the open sky.
Best Outdoor Hot Tub Reviews
1. Intex 77-Inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
View on Amazon
Intex is a well known name in the world of hot tubs. This 77-inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set is another outdoor hot tub from Intex that offers quality, durability, and performance in one package. The tub is really easy to assemble and it can be started up in no time at all. The unique features of this hot tub such as built-in hard water treatment and filters make it a joy to use. The tub has the water capacity of 210 gallons and up to 4 people can sit in this tub. Let’s take a look at some more features and specifications of this outdoor hot tub.
- 3-way test strip
- 2 filter cartridges
- Floating pool chlorine dispenser
- Thermal ground cloth
- Inflation hose
- Carry bag
- Durable construction from Fiber-Tech materials
- Easy to set up without need of any tools
- High capacity up to 210 gallons and four people
- Lightweight and high strength fibers for amazing comfort
- Includes 120 high powered bubble jets for massage
- Comes with a complete range of accessories
- The hot tub takes a long time to properly heat up to a required temperature
- The hot tub’s seams are not high quality and might rupture with usage
- The tub can often shut down by showing the E90 error
- If exposed to the elements for too long, tub can develop air leaks
- Once in use, the tub’s temperature drops quickly
This outdoor hot tub will be the perfect accessory that will complement the look of your deck or patio. You can heat this tub up quickly and enjoy the benefits of hot water therapy with your friends and family members. The tub is easy to move around once it’s emptied of water. The in-built straps help in easily carrying it from one place to another. The high quality construction of this tub adds to its durability and it will work flawlessly in all kinds of weather conditions. If you’re looking for an outdoor hot tub that will offer ease of use along with style, get this unit today.
2. Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
View on Amazon
The Coleman Lay-Z-Spa is the ideal outdoor hot tub for 3-4 people. The tub is easy to setup and you do it without using any complicated tools. Just hook it up to the spa pump and fill it up with water once it’s inflated. The water gets hot quickly in this hot tub and you can use it for years with proper care and maintenance. The Lay Z spa inflatable is the ultimate word in luxury as it comes with a touch panel for controlling temperature and other features of the hot tub without the need to get out of the hot tub. Here’s a look at the rest of the features and specifications of this hot tub.
- DVD detailing spa setup and maintenance
- Heating System
- Insulated Cover
- Filtration System with filter cartridge – type VI
- Ground Cloth
- Inflation hose
- Chemical floater
- Heavy-duty repair patch
- You can set up this hot tub easily without using any tools
- The tub is quite while it works to heat up the water
- The cushioned bottoms of this hot tub make it easy to sit
- The tub can be deflated easily
- Modern design of this hot tub is highly functional
- The outdoor hot tub comes with a range of useful accessories
- The tub is lightweight and easy to move around
- The heater and pump need to be restarted after 72 hours
- The tub will shut down if it gets an error because of clogged filters
- The user manual’s instructions can be vague in directions
- The pump is located in a fixed position that can’t be changed
- The unit consumes extensive power for heating up the water
The Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable hot tub is the right hot tub for when you need to enjoy the outdoors in the company of your friends and family members. The tub is small in size and easy to move around. You can set it up easily with the provided spa pump and the tub also comes with a range of useful accessories that add to its functions and features. This is a feature filled tub and if you’re looking for a durable outdoor hot tub, then pick this unit today.
3. SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
View on Amazon
Bestway’s SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub is a small hot tub that is perfect for setting up in the outdoors. The tub can be set up without the use of any tools as you just need the spa pump to fill it up with air. It only takes 15-20 minutes for this tub to get inflated and then you can fill it up with water and set it up for heating. The tub has a range of useful features such as 120 bubble jets that offer a relaxing massage when you are sitting in the tub with your friends and family members. This outdoor hot tub is luxurious and comfortable as well. Here’s a look at the rest of features and specifications of this unit.
- Inflatable cover
- Chemical floater
- Filter Cartridge
- DVD with setup and maintenance instructions
- High durable and puncture resistant material
- The digital control panel makes it easy to change temperature and set up timer
- The hot tub comes with a built-in water filtration system
- The Rapid Heating System allows for quick heating of water
- The tub is safe to use as it comes with a heavy duty power cord too
- The accessories add to the feature set of this tub
- The bubble jets add air to the hot water that can lower temperature significantly
- The tub does not come with seats or cushions
- There might be leaks in the hose connection
- It is not easy to find replacement parts for this unit
- The pump is quite noisy when in operation
SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub is an excellent outdoor hot tub that is lightweight and easy to move around. The tub has a modern design that will look great on any deck or patio. The features of this tub make it a joy to use and the tub can be set up as you’d like it. You can heat up the tub quickly and enjoy soaking in the hot water under the open sky. If you’re looking for a great outdoor hot tub that will offer you years of usage, get this unit today!
4. Rock Solid Simplicity 4-Person 13-Jet Plug and Play SpaView on Wayfair
The Lifesmart 4-Person 13-Jet Rock Solid Spa make a great addition to any backyard, patio, or deck. This hot tub is made from highly durable eco tehrmo plastic that will last you for years with proper care and maintenance. The outdoor tub offers luxury and ease of use as it comes with a dial that allows you to adjust the water and air balance. The temperature can be adjusted by the topside thermostat and the tub also comes with a child-safe locking cover to prevent children from getting into the tub without adult supervision. The tub holds 195 gallons of water and it looks good in all kinds of modern decors. Here’s a look at the rest of features and specifications of this outdoor hot tub.
- Includes insulated plumbing package for better heat retention
- Comfort dial is the ideal way to adjust water and air bubbles
- Heat recovery system is perfect for keeping the water hot
- Automatic jets while heating or filtering the water
- Easy to reach control panel offers access to motor and equipment
- The tub tends to leak around the waterfall valve
- The pump is not highly durable
- The tub tends to bulge from the sides
- The seats of the tub are really low
- The tub doesn’t retain heat for too long
This outdoor hot tub is the ideal tub for those who are looking for a durable and stylish tub for their porch or outhouse. The tub is made from heat retentive materials that keep the water hot for long after you’re in the tub. Other unique features of the tub are bubble jets that offer a unique massaging action and the comfort dial that allows you to adjust the mixture of air and water in the tub. If you’re looking for an all-rounder and easy to use outdoor hot tub, get this unit today.
5. Rock Solid Luna 4-Person 13-Jet Plug and Play SpaView on Wayfair
The Lifesmart Luna is a unique outdoor hot tub that comes equipped with a complete range of features that make it stand out of the crowd of other tubs in the market. The tub is made from highly durable Eco Thermo Plastic that retains heat and keeps the water hot long after the heat has been switched off. The tub is spacious enough for four people and it is a simple plug and play unit. You can plug it into any of the 110v sockets and enjoy your hot water tub with ease. The outdoor hot tub also uses ECO SMART technology that uses less energy and offers better heating efficiency. Here’s a quick look at some more features of this unit.
- The tub is quite in operating while heating the water
- The hot tub is highly energy efficient
- The ozonator in the tub keeps the water fresh and clean
- The LED light kit adds to the mood while soaking at night
- The hot tub is easy to clean and maintain
- The cover keeps the water safe from any kind of contamination
- The hot tub’s seat is too low for sitting comfortably
- The hot tub does not come with a waterfall function
- The hot tub is not suitable for cold climates
- The tub feels cramped with four people sitting inside it
- The hot tub takes a lot of time to heat up properly
The Rock Solid Luna 4-Person 13-Jet Plug and Play Spa is an oval shaped hot tub that will look great in any outdoor location. The tub is made from premium materials that add to its durability and also help in heat retention once the tub has heated up properly. This outdoor hot tub is easy to set up and once it’s filled with water, it heats up quickly. If you’re looking for a hot tub that you can place on your patio and enjoy it at night for comfortably gazing at the stars, then pick this unit today.
6. Retreat DLX 5-Person 28-Jet Plug and Play Spa with Waterfall and Ozone SystemView on Wayfair
The Lifesmart Retreat DLX Spa comes with a range of features that make this hot tub a joy to use. The hot tub is easy to use as it comes with a plug and play system and it can be plugged into any existing power supply unit without the need to make any modifications. The full foam insulation of this hot tub ensures that the water remains hot long after the heat has been turned off. Another unique feature is the comfort valve that can be used for mixing water and air for a perfect massage. You can also set the temperature and timer with the top side digital command center. Let’s take a quick look at the rest of features of this unique hot tub.
- Digital controls make using this tub easier
- The LED lights help in setting up a comfortable vibe
- Full foam insulation makes heating faster
- A friction pump is used to heat up water
- The hot tub can be used with an extension cord
- Added safety with the included GFCI connector
- The hot tub does not come with steps to get into
- The temperature does not get above 101 degrees F
- The jet force is not very strong
- The control dials are not easy to understand
If you’re in the market for an outdoor hot tub that is durable and easy to use, the Retreat DLX 5-Person 28-Jet Spa has all the right features. The hot tub comes with a waterfall and an ozone system that keeps the water fresh and clean. The hot tub is made from highly durable materials that add to its heat retention abilities. The tub heats up the water with the use of a friction pump that helps to keep the power consumption in check. The hot tub also comes with a comfort valve so that you can mix the air and water as per your requirement. This is a fully featured outdoor hot tub that is a must buy for anyone who likes to relax in a hot tub under the open sky.
7. Aqua Rest Spas AR-600 Sandstone Standard Spa
View on Amazon
The AR-600 is a highly durable and energy efficient outdoor hot tub manufactured by Aqua Rest. The hot tub comes included with 18 jets as well as a free cover. The LED backlit waterfall in this tub really adds to the mood of enjoying a hot water soak under the open sky. The hot tub has a capacity of 6 people and there is also multi-level jet placement for an additional ease of massage. This hot tub is easy to set up and it can be plugged into any existing power supply as it works on 120v. The tub heats up the water quickly and you can enjoy sitting in the hot water of this tub for hours with complete ease and without feeling any kind of discomfort. Here’s a look at some more features of this hot tub.
- Spacious enough for six people
- Durable construction from roto-molded materials
- Design includes therapeutic lumbar arch support
- Beautiful LED backlit waterfall with 9 color lights
- Ideal for any outdoor location such as deck, patio, or outhouse
- The motor of the hot tub is not highly durable
- The temperature drops quickly if the jets are on
- The tub makes a lot of noise while heating up the water
- Some of the jets don’t function with full force
- Maintenance door is difficult to open and close
This outdoor hot tub is the perfect hot tub when you want to hold a party with close friends and family members. The tub has ample seating capacity as up to 6 people can sit comfortably in this hot tub. The tub heats up quickly and you can also program the LED lights to light up the water beautifully and add to a relaxing atmosphere while enjoying a hot soak at night. The modern design of this hot tub will look great on any patio or deck. Get this outdoor hot tub today and enjoy soaking in the outdoors.
8. AR-150 4-Person 12-Jet Plug and Play Spa with LED WaterfallView on Wayfair
The AR-150 from Aqua Rest is a 12-jet outdoor hot tub that comes with a range of useful functions. The hot water tub offers a new level of relaxation with the 9 LED cascading waterfall to create a relaxing ambiance. The hot tub is easy to set up as it doesn’t require any additional electrical fixtures and it can work on any power outlet that offers 120v of power. The tub warms up the water quickly and it can keep the water hot for a long time due to its heat conserving construction. The tub is small in size and it can be kept on any patio, lawn, or deck with ease. Let’s take a quick look at other features and specifications of this hot tub.
- The hot tub is made from durable roto-molded material
- The hot tub is easy to use and set up
- The LED lights add a touch of comfortable ambiance to the hot tub
- The hot tub is efficient in the use of water
- The tub is lightweight and easy to move
- Replacement parts for this filter are hard to find
- The tub is not easy to drain and you might need to buy an extra pump to drain it fully
- The hot tub consumes a lot of power
- The size is ideal for two adults, not four
- The pump makes a rattling noise
- The tub is shallow
If you’re looking for a stylish and small sized outdoor hot tub that will also look good on your patio, deck, or outhouse, then the AR-150 from Aqua Rest is the ideal hot tub for you. This hot tub comes with a complete range of features that make it stand out of the crowd and it is really easy to use too. The hot tub is simple plug and play operation and you don’t need any additional electrical fittings for this hot tub.
9. Aqua Rest Spas AR-400 Sandstone Standard Spa
View on Amazon
AquaRest Spas is one of the most reliable names in the hot tub industry. The AR-400 is another one of the company’s unique outdoor hot tubs that comes equipped with a range of useful features. The hot tub is made from highly durable roto-molded material that is suitable for all kinds of weather. The hot tub is light weight and it is easy to carry it to where you like on your patio, deck, garden, or outhouse. The controls for maintaining water’s temperature are easy and 14 stainless steel jets make an easy work of providing massage when you’re sitting in the tub. Let’s take a quick look at the rest of features of this hot tub.
- The hot tub has a highly durable construction
- The LED lights really add to the mood
- The hot tub operates silently for heating up the water
- The pump and heater and integrated which leads to less heat loss
- The tub looks great on any modern patio or deck
- The setup instructions are not very clear
- The spa is not comfortable enough to seat four adults
- The access door is difficult to take off and put back
- The inside texture of the tub is rough on the skin
- The jets don’t function fully once the pressure is increased
This outdoor hot tub is ideal for users who want to move their hot tub from place to place. The design of the hot tub is ideal for four people and you can easily set up this hot tub as it doesn’t require any additional electrical wirings or connections. The hot tub heats up the water quickly as it comes with friction pump that also saves on the power consumption. If you’re looking for a stylish and durable spa, get this one today.
10. Comfort Line Products Spa-N-A-Box Portable Spa
View on Amazon
The Spa-N-A-Box is a small and portable hot tub that can be assembled anywhere you’d like. Whether you want to place the spa on your deck, your patio, or in your garden, you can do it all with ease. The spa is ideal for soaking in with your friends and family as it can accommodate up to four people with ease. The bubbly water flowing in the spa offers a soothing massage and it can help you relax and unwind after a long day. The liner of this spa is made from highly durable marine grade 3 ply PVC Vinyl that will last you for years. Setting up the spa is also very easy and you don’t need any tools to set it up either. Just plug it in the standard 110v outlet and you are ready to enjoy your hot water spa. Here’s a look at some of the features and specifications of this hot tub.
- Quick and easy to set up
- Heats up in no time at all
- The unit is highly portable
- Ideal for small families or couples
- The bubbles offer a powerful massage
- The hot tub heats up quietly
- The heat shuts off once the bubbles are turned on
- The tub loses heat quickly once the bubbles are on
- The air pump for bubbles can be noisy
- Replacement covers are expensive
This Spa-N-A-Box is a small and portable unit that can be assembled anywhere you have ample space for it. The hot tub is easy to set up and takes as little as 30 minutes. You can fill it up with water, attach it to the provided heating unit and you’ll have hot water in no time at all. With ample space and a durable PVC inner liner, this is the perfect hot tub for small families or couples that want to enjoy soaking in the hot water under an open sky.
Frequently Asked Questions About Outdoor Hot Tubs
Customers often have questions or queries about hot tubs. Here are some of the commonly asked questions about these hot tubs.
The rate at which water gets hot depends on a number of factors. The size of your tub, the weather in your area, and the kind of power supply you’re using. Generally, to speed up the heating, you can try covering the tub with insulating cover and avoid switching on the jets while the tub is getting hot.
Most of the errors in hot tubs are because of clogged filters. You can try cleaning the filter and resetting the tub. If it still shows the error and doesn’t work, you can try calling the customer care of your tub’s manufacturer and they will guide you in the right direction.
To keep your outdoor tub safe, you need to cover it with an insulating cover. These covers can also be strapped down around the tub so that no insects or small animals are able to get inside the tub either. In adverse weather conditions, these covers keep the tub’s water safe from any kind of contamination.
You should only use cleaning chemicals that are suggested by the manufacturer of your hot tub. Most hot tubs come with included chemicals. You can also consult the manual of your hot tub and see what kind of chemicals are recommended by the manufacturer.
ozonator releases small quantities of ozone in the water which acts as a cleaning agent and keeps the water fresh and clean. You can check if your hot tub is compatible with an ozonator and then install one if your hot tub didn’t already come with an ozonator.
If you’ve been thinking about getting an outdoor hot tub, we hope that this article has helped in clearing any doubts or queries you might have had. Buying an outdoor hot tub can bring a great change in your life as now you’d be able to relax in the lap of nature and in the outdoors. These tubs offer a relaxing environment to enjoy, relax, and rejuvenate in all kinds of weather.
The tubs are designed while keeping in mind the requirements of outdoors and the materials used for making these tubs are also high quality. With added durability and superior construction, these tubs will last you for years if you maintain them properly.
Given the advantages of hot tub therapy, getting an outdoor hot tub can really help you to relax, rejuvenate, and find peace within yourself. Hot water therapy can help with a range of health problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, insomnia and more. An outdoor hot water tub is also great for hosting parties if you have ample space in your hot water tub. Guest can also hang around the hot water tub and enjoy the relaxing vibes.
Modern hot water tubs come with several different types of customization options. You can set up the hot water tub to heat up according to the timer as per your requirements. The hot tubs also come with programmable water jets and LED lights that can be made to work as per your wishes. These hot tubs also have cleaning facilities that keep the water clean so that you don’t have to spend too much time in cleaning the water and you can use the hot tub whenever you want. These features make these hot tubs an absolute joy to use and also add a sense of fun and exploration in using these new and unique features. We hope that this writeup has helped you in making up your mind about the outdoor hot tub that you want to buy.
For more information about hot tubs, accessories, features, and use cases, please browse this website. You can also leave a comment below any article with your queries and suggestions and our team will answer you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you. Happy shopping!